researchHQ’s Key Takeaways:
- Cloud management is the practice of implementing administrative control over users, apps, data and services within the cloud.
- Successful cloud management platforms optimise and automate working processes, integrate with existing IT infrastructure and improve visibility into and management of costs in the cloud.
- Controlling all an enterprise’s cloud resources from a single interface enables administrators to reach strategic business goals.
- The most effective cloud management platforms are easy to use, customizable and successfully simplify all management activity.
Cloud management refers to the control that administrators exercise over the cloud, whether this concerns users, apps, data or services. The tools they use make it possible to supervise all types of activities within this environment, such as data, resource usage and process monitoring, as well as allowing data backup and disaster recovery in the event of any issues. In other words, it offers complete administrative control to meet the specific needs of companies.
Below we will explain what a cloud management platform is, to help you discover everything it has to offer.
What should a good cloud management platform do?
Optimise working processes: Cloud management is the best way to optimise working processes through a much more flexible structure. A good control and management platform will allow companies to carry out their business efficiently – no matter the sector – while saving money.
- Automate processes: When it comes to managing a company, spreadsheets have become outdated, with more appropriate cloud solutions being established in their place. The aim is to employ new technologies to send documents, create reports and offer customer service with automated processes that make the work easier.
- Integrate with existing IT infrastructures: A good cloud management platform is one that integrates with a company’s current IT infrastructure and adapts to any needs. What’s more, the platform should be based on automation, to avoid the need for manual tasks which take up a great deal of time.
- Offer a comprehensive view of costs: This type of service is normally distinguished by its ability to offer a comprehensive view of costs and bills, facilitating situational analysis and the creation of precise reports. In the same way, the administrator must be able to access the management data, resources and tools from any location, thanks to online accessibility.
- Provide maximum control: Equally, the user should be able to manage everything and maintain control at all times: with the platform guiding them to access their resources and configuration, both simply and efficiently.
Abiquo cloud management platform is intended to cover all those aspects of cloud management and much more.
Furthermore, given that companies need to make use of all multi-cloud environments in order to succeed, it must function with the three types of cloud (public, private and hybrid) in a secure and hassle-free way.
Why choose a cloud management solution?
Today, you can enjoy the benefits of incredibly innovative cloud management solutions. Some of these platforms are designed to meet all types of strategic objectives, providing a means of virtual management which is easy to use.
It’s very important that they can adapt to companies of all sizes and from all sectors, with the aim of improving the agility of their business, reducing costs and mitigating risks. These are highly comprehensive solutions which offer advanced features, although they must also be simple to implement and manage.
With their help, you can say goodbye to the problems of uncontrolled and disorganised management. In fact, they offer a physical infrastructure which we should be able to control with ease. They are intended to give authorised users the ability to virtually manage their business within the assigned resources.